Thursday, March 02, 2006

Strawberries and Blueberries with Vodka and Vanilla

I make this whenever I can get my hands on good berries. I'm not sure why the berries are so great, right now, but I'm willing to overlook the seasonal thing.






Strawberries and Blueberries with Vodka and Vanilla

2 pints fresh strawberries, halved
1 pkg. fresh blueberries
2 vanilla beans, seeded
3 Tbsps. vanilla vodka (put 6-7 split vanilla beans in vodka and let sit for a few months)
2 Tbsps. Splenda

In a medium bowl, combine berries. Seed your vanilla beans and add to the vanilla vodka, cut the leftover beans in pieces and add to the berries. Toss berries with splenda, then drizzle the vodka over them. Let sit overnight for best flavor, but they're fantastic right away, too.

I'm not sure how many servings this makes, but 115g. (1 slighty over-filled cup) is about 39.75 calories.

1 comment:

Felicia said...

Great looking recipe Erin!

I think you are on a great mission and I had to let my readers know about you. You can read my post at http://www.websorceress.com/2006/03/net-gazette-erin-eats.html.

Felicia