Saturday, April 04, 2009

Fingerling Potato Salad

While I'm not very motivated to blog, I do find myself thinking, "I should blog this!" every so often. This dish is something I threw together in a hunger frenzy and it is now in my top 3 potato salads...

I didn't do any measuring here, but the gist of this is: combine the juice of 1 large lemon, 1/3 olive oil, salt and pepper. Boil mixed fingerling potatoes, drain, slice in half and while still hot, toss in the dressing. Add halved grape tomatoes and crumble in some feta cheese. It's not exactly pretty, but it IS delicious!

1 comment:

Stephen said...

You've gotta try making your own Mayonnaise for your spud salads, This is the one I use.. it's not a true traditional Mayonnaise, but it does have a loverly consistency.

Hard boil some egg's, cut in half, remove the egg yolks. In a bowl add the egg yolks, some dijon mustard (about a teaspoon or so per yolk), pinch of salt and some vinegar.

Mush that little lot all up and add in some olive oil, drop at a time, increasing the amount of olive oil as you go. If it curdles add some more vinegar give it a good ole whisk up and it should come back to you. Keep on tasting till you get the taste your looking for.

I usually cut the egg whites into cubes and chuck em in with the spud salad.. waste not want not and all that.

Oh and I have experimented with using grainy mustards and that was quite passable too.